WE HAVE MOVED : SG-GAMING.NET
WE HAVE MOVED TO SG-Gaming.net!

<meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=http://sg-gaming.net">
WE HAVE MOVED TO SG-Gaming.net!

<meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=http://sg-gaming.net">
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Staff swaps

Go down 
+4
Toreono
Dragonkin
TheGreenDragon
newb
8 posters
AuthorMessage
newb
First Time Gaming Moderator
newb

In-Game Name : Newb

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 9:08 pm

So far the idea of swaping out the staff by vote every month or 2 has been giving me some mixed reviews. So far the people that don't like the idea are paople that are a mod+ allready besides Spec and me wile the some that have posted on it that do not have any rank are in favor. Im not sure if that is because they dont want to lose rank or they really think that doing it will let so many griefers on that the server will die. Im not saying that spec will chose random people for the job or anything like that but it will be something that we would have a month to month (or more) vote on. By the looks of it spec might want a small group of people to oversee the people that want to try to get the job. Also the people wanting rank will kinda shadow a curent admin and learn what to do. Let alone anything else that we as a server come up with if this idea comes into play. A month is a long time guys but yet not that long at all. The probablity of a griefer waiting a month playing a good amount of time legitly let alone trying to get votes for him or her just so that they can use admin comands to grief or ban people on the server is unlikely but still possible, and like I said before worst case is that we need to wait for spec to reload it. lol and no offence to spec but im sure we are all pretty good at waiting allready ^^

This idea is new and open for debate and it has its pros and cons just like everything else. Ill make a small list of pros and cons to this idea they you guys can add and ill update it as it goes along. Feel free to voice your feelings about it since it would be a major change to the server.

As of rite now these are only a bit of my thoughts on it. Note that not everyone will think that it would help the server but please do not flame. If you do not agree with something on the lists post why you dont think it should be in that spot with detail.

Pros:
More people would play on the server if they knew they had a chance to admin.
It would help keep active admins on the server (like if you will be inactive for a family trip, more work hrs, exams, ect you wouldnt want to be put on the poll).
Maybe we can make it part of an rp if thats what we do? (mayors of citys perhaps?)
Would help people get experiance as admin and would let residents be more helpfull with griefing and problem solving.
Get everyone more active as a whole insted of everyone just doing their down thing
more to come

Cons:
Might have griefers slip in
no one might vote
somone could cheat the system
more to come

So lets see how this goes in no way is this 100% going to happen and for those that are on the staff allready please think about it if you were not on the staff. Think you would think in a diff way? And this does not mean that you will never be an admin agein we can work out details later but maybe something like 1 month = 1 term you can only post yourself on as a candidate for 2 terms at a time and after that need at leased 1 term off. In order for your to be able to be an admin canndidate you need to have 1-2 months of active server play to be one. Along with other things we can do to keep the true people that want to have fun and help by being an admin around on the server and griefers at bay. Please tell me your thoughts .
Back to top Go down
TheGreenDragon
TheGreenDragon

In-Game Name : TheGreenDragon

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:45 am

I dont think its such a good idea though...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/TheGreenDragon90
Dragonkin
Dragonkin

In-Game Name : Dragonkin

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:35 am

Don't like the idea >.> I think map swap in 1.8 will be much better.

Oh and, adding some kind of Faction Wars or something to get the server running with more people would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Toreono
Server Head Administrator
Toreono

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 8:21 am

Don't like it, plain and simple for my opinion.
Back to top Go down
nubblecake
Player
Player
nubblecake

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 8:49 am

i think good idea and its funny how everyone that is already admin or mod is going to say no to this Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/hlogod581?feature=mhee#p/u/1/MrQ2IOA
newb
newb

In-Game Name : Newb

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:13 pm

nubblecake wrote:
i think good idea and its funny how everyone that is already admin or mod is going to say no to this Razz

Thats just the thing admins normaly will say no. People that didnt have a chance yet will want to try it. lol

And guys for saying no please give details on why besides you saying that you dont like it.

Hopefully we get some more non staff members post to see what they think
Back to top Go down
xSpeced
[Administrator]
[AMD Gamer]
[Administrator][AMD Gamer]
xSpeced

Group : CEO
In-Game Name : xSpeced

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 pm

Hey I'm pretty much the only one working on the micraft server the rest is working on the website htmlcss and other servers like sa mp and upcoming terraria server frb
Back to top Go down
http://Ft-gaming.userboard.net
xSpeced
[Administrator]
[AMD Gamer]
xSpeced

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:18 pm

Oh and ill wait for moar opinion
Back to top Go down
TheGreenDragon
TheGreenDragon

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:31 pm

newb wrote:

Thats just the thing admins normaly will say no. People that didnt have a chance yet will want to try it. lol

And guys for saying no please give details on why besides you saying that you dont like it.

Hopefully we get some more non staff members post to see what they think

Umm... If you think about it, here's an analogy:

That's just the thing why non-staff members to say yes. Who doesn't want to know how it's like to have a promotion?
Back to top Go down
Dragonkin
Dragonkin

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:02 pm

Hmmhh.. Well, since every admin/mod will say no to this just because we all worked hard for it, i think there either should be like 2 sections of staff. 1 section is the old staff (Green, Toreono,Matt, Rar, S4,Relapse and me) and the other section would be like new staff, that swap every month and there would be just 3 slots (since it wouldn't be nice to have all people admins). Or just no swap, wait for 1.8, and make a new map.

Oh and, im quite sure the server should have some kind of goal. Not like :

X: "Hey bro, lets go make an epic house!"
Y: "Sure!"
*an hour later*
X: "Bro, im bored, lets go to another server to kill someone"
*X and Y left the server*

I see a lot of people like that. They just basicly..get bored. We need something cool and new in 1.8 other than just mine,mine,mine,build, leave (yeah i know, thats the point of minecraft, but still..). Ill ask my friend that owns a server about what mods are good and ill post them in suggestions(he has over 30 people online at all time).
Back to top Go down
spaghettiboy200
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:19 pm

dragonkin what about creeper day?once every 2 weeks 10 creepers spawn outside each house in the entire server and u have to fight them off.

also a timed pig battle.u fight pigs in an arena and whoever kills the most pigs by the end of the two separate 1 minute rounds wins the bet that the two players make at the start.bets are double or nothing.btw can admins spawn pigs?

finally,an architect competition once every month.3 judges(do-gooders) will choose a rating of 1-10 for a maximum of 15 houses entered each time.prize is 1 iron block.IMPORTANT!HOUSES THAT HAVE BEEN ENTERED AND WON MAY NOT ENTER COMPETITION AGAIN!HOUSES THAT HAVE BEEN ENTERED ALREADY BUT NEVER WON MAY ENTER AGAIN!MAX 10 RE-ENTRIES!if tied,owners must race in skyrace

plz helpful advice and plz consider it plz.plz. Very Happy

Last edited by spaghettiboy200 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Toreono
Toreono

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:28 pm

Yeah spaghettiboy200 then everyone who had their house raided by creepers and them getting killed would be complaining about everything and over load admins with stuff to worry about and replacing items (if supposed to). Also newb I think the separate staff idea could still cause the grieffing problem and especially when other admins/people aren't online to stop them.
Back to top Go down
TheGreenDragon
TheGreenDragon

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Ummm dragonkin, you and toreono arent actually old on the server. You may have played for long as residenys, but you are admins for one month and something. And I dont really see mods active all the time... The mod possition would be more adequate for swapping. If I were to make a classification;

Old Staff(6months+) Newb, Matt35, TheGreenDragon, Relapse and Leecher
Mid term staff: NormalRarity
New Staff: Dragonkin Toreono

Note that I did not add mods to it exept leecher and relapse, who in my opinion take their job serious when on. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
spaghettiboy200
Server Moderator
Server Moderator

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:37 pm

check up again ^
Back to top Go down
TheGreenDragon
TheGreenDragon

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:43 pm

You do realise that one iron block is obtained 100 times faster than the materials to build a first place contest, right?
Back to top Go down
Matt35
Player
Player

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:40 pm

Green you haven't been staff for 6 months. That would mean you were staff back in february.
Back to top Go down
xSpeced
[Administrator]
[AMD Gamer]
xSpeced

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:49 pm

TheGreenDragon wrote:
Ummm dragonkin, you and toreono arent actually old on the server. You may have played for long as residenys, but you are admins for one month and something. And I dont really see mods active all the time... The mod possition would be more adequate for swapping. If I were to make a classification;

Note that I did not add mods to it exept leecher and relapse, who in my opinion take their job serious when on. Just saying.

Yo I was the first admin on.
Back to top Go down
Dragonkin
Dragonkin

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:03 pm

TheGreenDragon wrote:

Not really. Tor and me are mid. Oh btw, you arent on the server 6 months)).

Back to top Go down
xSpeced
[Administrator]
[AMD Gamer]
xSpeced

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:51 pm

Does it matter how long you're staff?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Staff swaps  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff swaps    Staff swaps  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Staff swaps
Page 1 of 1