WE HAVE MOVED : SG-GAMING.NET
WE HAVE MOVED TO SG-Gaming.net!

<meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=http://sg-gaming.net">
WE HAVE MOVED TO SG-Gaming.net!

<meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=http://sg-gaming.net">
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VitaVeritas's Application for a staff position

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
VitaVeritas
Player
Player

In-Game Name : VitaVeritas

VitaVeritas's Application for a staff position Empty
PostSubject: VitaVeritas's Application for a staff position   VitaVeritas's Application for a staff position I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 5:07 am

Good day, evening, night, whatever time of day it is when you are reading this topic.
Today, I would like to apply for a slot on the moderation or administration team, June 23rd, 2011 at 11:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time (as it is Summer) (UTC-8/-7).

Now, to get on with the application itself.

While Nubblecake and I were mining, doing our own business we have encountered one griefer, who just was a plain out jerk (for lack of better terms, using explicit language is not common for me many times). No admins or mods were online so we did as much as we can to our abilities to stop him. Now you may be asking to yourself: "Vita, what does this have to do with a staff application? This should be put in the Report Rule Breakers and Bad Admins sub-forum.". Well, This is what fuels my application to be on the staff team. Late at night (Again, Pacific Standard/Daylight time), around 9:00-11 PM I, and a couple other people are the only ones online (2-4 people at the most) and those others are residents, like myself. Now, when newcomers join, we accept them and help them get started. One person however, tonight decided to just come in, ask for a diamond pick, and then hastily start griefing when nubble and I tell him to earn it (albeit with different wording). Now during this time, many of the admins and mods who live in the states are sleep, the other admins on the other side of the world, are just getting up, going to school (or work), or coming home from school (or work). This time period allows Griefers to come in and do whatever they want.

Now, when the admins on the other side of the hemisphere start coming on, I go to bed (TheGreenDragon and Matt35 for example) because, well they are very trusted members of the community and admins as well. However, this is also the time period where some griefers get on and grief, I sometimes fall asleep earlier than the time I allotted. That leaves the server open to grief as well, when no admins or mods are online, sometimes, the server is even fully empty.

Subsequently, Nubblecake and I are almost always on at the same time, and stay on at the same time so sometimes, we are the only two in the server when newcomers arrive. This being, we help them understand the server along with how the towns, lots, and shops work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now this section, is about me in real life. I am 14 years old, from California. I am a responsible person, my disposition is a character who tries to make friends with as many people as possible. Many times, I can be shy, but some of the time I am outgoing. I am quick to learn, tech savvy, curious, and finally, a kind individual. I can be helpful, but I don't like bothering people too much. As you guys may have seen, I ask for something once, (maybe twice), and when someone responds I tell them that they don't have to do it right now, and when time allows. Personally, I feel that I need to help more people than I have to ask people for favors. I also am very observational, looking at other's mannerisms and how they do things.

I have been a GM before on 2 MMORPG's, which is somewhat of the same responsibility as what a moderator has on Minecraft. I have some experience with staff systems because of this. My Minecraft experience is as follows: I have also been a mod on 1 other server (it had to close due to limited funds), and admin on 1 server, which also closed due to vps money and personal life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a staff member, I plan to help as many people as I can with what they need. I will not abuse my powers, i.e using world edit to build my house or spawning items for people or a lot for myself. I will also do what I can to help this server grow larger and better. For example, helping people build their houses (materials not spawned), help build new towns, help make farms, all the good stuff. I do not plan to become a corrupted staff member (spawning items for people, using world edit to make mining easier), I plan to be a helpful, strong, and encouraging to others staff member. I also plan to grow closer to the community on my time in this server. In addition, if anything is griefed and people tell me what exactly they lost, I will replace the items with my own items, never spawning it (unless of course, I don't have it. In that case, I go earn it.)

Sorry if this is a little short or messy, I did not know what exactly was correct to put. Whichever position you think is best as per my resume, I will accept it. If I become a Moderator, I will work hard to learn from the top administrators.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, hope this didn't bore you.
Back to top Go down
TheGreenDragon
First Time Gaming Moderator
First Time Gaming Moderator
TheGreenDragon

In-Game Name : TheGreenDragon

PostSubject: Re: VitaVeritas's Application for a staff position   VitaVeritas's Application for a staff position I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 6:02 pm

Nice app. But we arent that much opposite hemisferes... When I saw you on before you logged off it was like 6pm my time and I can log in at about 8-9am Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/TheGreenDragon90
VitaVeritas
Player
Player

PostSubject: Re: VitaVeritas's Application for a staff position   VitaVeritas's Application for a staff position I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 6:37 pm

Alright. That makes things a bit less hectic concerning time zones. I also completely understand and acknowledge whatever choices Spec has, as to choosing whether or not to accept me into the staff positions. Where he puts me, is up to him ^.^, I will not complain. If he declines, I will just go on normally, apply again later. Also, I won't be as active on the server starting tomorrow because I am leaving to Alhambra for a tech camp for a couple weeks. I will be back to normal around July 14th-16th.
Back to top Go down
xSpeced
[Administrator]
[AMD Gamer]
[Administrator][AMD Gamer]
xSpeced

Group : CEO
In-Game Name : xSpeced

PostSubject: Re: VitaVeritas's Application for a staff position   VitaVeritas's Application for a staff position I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 6:58 pm

I like the app. Will consider
Back to top Go down
http://Ft-gaming.userboard.net
mrjiimpa
Player
Player

PostSubject: Re: VitaVeritas's Application for a staff position   VitaVeritas's Application for a staff position I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:19 pm

that sounds greate if i was admin or owner i would say you're IN!!!!
Back to top Go down
xSpeced
[Administrator]
[AMD Gamer]
[Administrator][AMD Gamer]
xSpeced

Group : CEO
In-Game Name : xSpeced

PostSubject: Re: VitaVeritas's Application for a staff position   VitaVeritas's Application for a staff position I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 2:42 pm

Good for mod : See me in-game if you still play.
Back to top Go down
http://Ft-gaming.userboard.net
VitaVeritas
Player
Player

PostSubject: Re: VitaVeritas's Application for a staff position   VitaVeritas's Application for a staff position I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:38 pm

Alright, thanks Spec.

My netbook isn't strong enough to run minecraft so I will be back on the server probably next week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VitaVeritas's Application for a staff position   VitaVeritas's Application for a staff position I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VitaVeritas's Application for a staff position
Page 1 of 1